Already HomeCare is actively monitoring developments and guidance around the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We continue to prepare diligently for all other precautionary measures as needed. We also recognize the significant tension that is created when strategies designed to address the spread of COVID-19 conflict with the real needs of our families and staff. This includes keeping our clients and employees safe and at the same time ensuring non-medical in-home care is provided uninterrupted to families who need it. Please remember, we are not a medical provider and your caregiver is not a nurse. We recommend that families take all precautions when finding appropriate ways to provide care to aging loved ones and minimize the risks of COVID-19 in the event it is necessary.
As families consider options for care during the COVID-19 outbreak, embracing social isolation and keeping seniors safe at home is our priority. Here’s a few of the things we are doing to ensure those we serve and our caregivers remain safe.
We will be conducting regular employee screenings of all our caregivers and other team members weekly for the next several weeks. We will continue to re-evaluate the ongoing frequency and necessity of these screenings. Every employee will be screened for the following risk factors, and all screenings will be documented
· Recent travel to countries with Level 3 or higher travel advisories by the U.S. State Department, where there are pronounced COVID-19 outbreak
· Exhibiting flu-like symptoms, fever and symptoms of COVID-19 as outlined by the CDC.
· Close contact (as defined by the CDC Guidelines) with someone who is believed to have COVID-19.
Every caregiver and employee will:
· Wipe down all metal surfaces with disinfectant at the beginning and end of each visit;
· Ensuring the client’s and care provider’s regular and rigorous hand washing with anti-bacterial soap during the visit;
· Ensuring adequate hydration of the client
· We are currently stocking up on items in the office that will be made available to our caregivers and nurses for their use in the field. These include protective gloves and antibacterial soap
Our commitment is to put the safety of our clients and staff at the forefront of everything that we do and we will continue to monitor the CDC and government for the latest guidance.